Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that’s designed to correct teeth that are crooked, gapped, or crowded. Using clear aligners, Invisalign gradually straightens your teeth over the course of your treatment.
Invisalign treatment consists of a series of aligners that you switch out regularly. Each new set of aligners gently shifts your teeth into alignment.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisalign clear aligners are practically invisible. This makes Invisalign the most discreet orthodontic treatment available.
- Another benefit of Invisalign is the minimal amount of pain and discomfort you may experience during treatment. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth plastic that is gentle on your gums and cheeks.
- Removable aligners mean there involves no food restrictions. The patient can eat whatever you want. This also means that your Invisalign aligners will be easier to maintain and keep clean. Invisalign doesn’t use metal brackets or wires that can trap food and plaque, leading to tooth decay.
- Because Invisalign aligners are removable, they can be cleaned easily. You can clean them by brushing them and rinsing them under a stream of lukewarm water.
- Since Invisalign aligners are removable, it is easy to brush and floss your teeth every day. As a result, you are less likely to have tooth decay and gum disease.
- The beauty of Invisalign is that you won’t need emergency visits for dental issues like broken brackets. Invisalign is removable, so you can easily take it out when you need to, like during meals.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign uses a series of clear, plastic aligners that are custom-fitted to your teeth. The aligners are made through a combination of your orthodontist’s expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
Each aligner is designed to move your teeth gradually until, over time, your teeth are shifted into their proper positions. You switch to a new set of aligners every few weeks. The number of aligners and the amount of time you’ll wear your aligners depends on your individual treatment plan.
Is Invisalign the right option for you?
Invisalign is generally a good choice if your teeth are crowded due to genetics or poor oral habits, such as teeth grinding, thumb sucking, or nail-biting. Invisalign is also generally a good option if your teeth are gapped or you have protruding teeth. Invisalign can fix minor to moderate alignment issues, but more serious malocclusions may require orthodontic intervention.
How often will I have to see the dentist after Invisalign?
The Invisalign system involves wearing a series of clear aligner trays to gradually move your teeth into the correct position. Invisalign requires fewer office visits than other types of orthodontic care. Normally, patients come in every six weeks or so to check-in and have their aligner trays adjusted.
Contact Elan Dentistry for the best dental care. To book an appointment, call (714) 364-8181 or visit us at 1030 West Imperial Hwy, La Habra 90631.